'Rachel was able to provoke a deeper thought process that really made me think about why I wanted the position and what would set me apart from others in the eyes of a future employer.'
When I was first navigating my career, I had no idea how to put together my professional materials to grab the attention of future employers. Unfortunately, it cost me conversations with employers, job interviews and my confidence.
After looking at thousands of resumes and fielding hundreds of questions from working professionals on how I was able to become the first woman to a be a full time hitting coach in professional baseball, I knew that I needed to put all of this information in one place.
The Virtual Handshake Academy was created specifically for men and women who are career minded individuals with a strong purpose.
This course is for you if:
1. You have been confused when you don't receive email responses from future employers when you reach out with your professional materials.
2. You have wondered why you don't even make it to the interview process in a job that you are certain you are perfect for.
3. You spend weeks putting together a cover letter.
This course will help you stand out in the crowd and land your dream job.
Need a little more career TLC? Rachel offers personal, step by step, one on one career coaching to one person every two months. Apply to be coached personally by Rachel here. You will be contacted within 48 hours to let you know if it is a good fit!
Owner and Creator
Hey! I’m Rachel Balkovec, the first woman ever hired as a full time hitting coach and full time strength and conditioning coach in professional baseball.
As a young professional, I had to navigate important and difficult career altering decisions all on my own.
After years of making mistakes, and struggling to get noticed by the industry, I finally discovered the secret to standing out from a crowded pack, truly showcasing my unique abilities and ultimately landing a job in men's professional sports.
Today, when I’m not working as a hitting coach for the New York Yankees, I spend my time teaching other professionals what I’ve learned, helping them navigate all of the challenging, and costly decisions that come with growing a thriving career.
Learn More About Rachel and Apply for One on One Career Coaching Here:
'I never really liked my resume or cover letter. After talking to Rachel, I made more changes to it in one night then I've made in months. Thank you for helping me get through my cover letter block!’
Jeanne, Working Professional
- Your Purpose is Not Helping People. Deep Dive into What Makes You Great and Learn how To Communicate Your Passion in Paragraph Form.
- The Cover Letter Evolution: From Impersonal to Truly Authentic in 4 Steps
- Download: Rachel's Personal Story Turned Cover Letter! See How It's Done.
- Download: 10 Questions to Help You Transform Your Cover Letter to an Authentic Story
- Download: Cover Letter and Personal Story Builder
- Download: REAL Example of an Excellent Personal Story Turned Cover Letter from VHA Student
- Craft a Powerful Social Media Bio: The Subject Line of Social Media
- Don't Know What to Post? I got you.
- Which Social Media Platforms are Important for Professionals?
- Hear Directly From a VHA Grad and Current Sports Professional About her Social Media Approach!
- What-To-Post Worksheet
- Who-To-Follow List (S&C Specific)